Current entry requirement for tourist to trek in Nepal
Nepal welcomes tourists with following condition. It is opned from 17th October 2020.
1. You need to send us your passport copy - photopage
2. Need date of your arrival in Kathmandu
3. Trekking itinerary that you intended to trek
4. Copy of your international flight tickets
5. Proof of your hotel booking in Kathmandu for 7 days
6. Nepalese guide that you take on the trek - His/her covid insurance coverage of 1 lakh rupees (we can help this for you)
7. Your personal insurance coverage, must include Covid 19 with the sum amount of US$5000 per person
With above documents we will buy your TIMS permit with Trekking agents Association of Nepal who then request Nepal Tourism board to write visa authorization letter to Department of Immigration in Kathmandu. We go to the immigration office and request on your behalf for your on arrival visa reference number. We will send you the visa authorization reference number so you can have visa on arrival. This is the process at the moment.